|Halls Mills||community in N Wilkes County on Mulberry Creek.|
|Halls Point||S Onslow County, extends into New River.|
|Halls Township||N central Sampson County.|
|Hallsboro||town in central Columbus County. Settled 1888; inc. 1889, but long inactive in municipal affairs. Named for family of original settler. Produces lumber. Alt. 66.|
|Hallsborough||was authorized to be laid out in SE Surry County at the junction of Little Yadkin and Yadkin Rivers in 1809 on the land of John Hall. There is no evidence that the town was ever laid out.|
|Hallsville||community on E side of Northeast Cape Fear River near the mouth of Limestone Creek, central Duplin County. Authorized to be laid out in 1818 on the lands of William Hall Sr. and sons and named Hallsborough. Post office est. as early as 1828.|
|Ham||community in central Bladen County served by post office, 1885-1912.|
|Hambey Bend||a bend in Hiwassee River, W Cherokee County, near the mouth of Anderson Creek below Hiwassee Dam.|
|Hambton Creek||rises in S Cherokee County and flows NW into Hiwassee River.|
This content is from the North Carolina Gazetteer, edited by William S. Powell and Michael Hill. Copyright © 2010 by the University of North Carolina Press. Used by permission of the publisher. For personal use and not for further distribution. Please submit permission requests for other use directly to the publisher.
Have a comment about the North Carolina Gazetteer? Tell us! Send NCpedia staff a message.