Contribute to NCpedia
NCpedia relies on volunteer contributions for many new entries. If you are interested in contributing an entry on a topic about which you are knowledgeable, please contact us with the topic before submitting it. Reference citations are required for all new entries submitted. Here is an overview of the format needed for submissions:
- Author’s affiliation (if applicable)
- Article length: (between 500 and 2000 words)
- Because this is an online resource, hyperlinking to reputable resources elsewhere online or within the NCpedia is highly encouraged.
- Images/video/audio (when available and applicable)
- References and resources for additional information: (References and additional resources lists do not count towards an article's final word count.) For reference citations we are using the Chicago Manual of Style: http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html
- Author’s recommended “tags” or “subject headings” for the article
Contact us with any additional questions you may have.
NCpedia is currently seeking images for Flickr slideshows for NCpedia's county profiles. http://ncpedia.org/geography/counties
Do you have digital photographs of places in North Carolina? Do you use Flickr? Would you like your Flickr photos featured in NCpedia’s county profiles?
Contributing them is an easy two-step process.
First, let Flickr know you are okay with sharing your photos with us. To do this, go to the “Privacy & Permissions” settings on your account to make sure the answers to the following questions are as follows:
- “Allow others to share your stuff?” Yes
- “Allow your stuff to be added to a gallery?” Yes
- “Hide your stuff from public searches?” No
Second, add the following tags to the photos you would like to appear in NCpedia:
- the county name, as one word. For example: wakecounty, pendercounty, cravencounty
The photos that appear in NCpedia will link back to their originals in Flickr. So, NCpedia users will be able to find other images you have taken by following the link and viewing your photostream.
Naturally, we are only able to include images appropriate for all audiences.
Please spread the word if you know anyone who might be interested in helping to make NCpedia even better by sharing their North Carolina photographs!
23 April 2011 | Underhill, Michelle Czaikowski