|Halls||community in S Hertford County. Also known as Duke Hall or Dukie Hall's Crossing.|
|Halls Creek||rises in W Pasquotank County and flows SW into Little River. First North Carolina Assembly met on the banks of the creek in 1665.|
|Halls Crossroads||community in S Franklin County.|
|Halls Ferry||community in NE Davie County served by post office, 1878-1902. See also Siloam.|
|Halls Ferry Junction||community in N Stanly County. Named for the fact that railroad passengers changed trains there for the ferry over Yadkin River.|
|Halls Ford||S Swain County in Little Tennessee River at Horseshoe Bend.|
|Halls Harbor||a natural harbor in the S waters of Currituck Sound in S Currituck County.|
|Halls Knob||SW Cherokee County between the headwaters of Beech Creek and Nottely River.|
|Halls Marsh Branch||rises in N Duplin County and flows S into Goshen Swamp.|
|Halls Mill Creek||rises in N Wilkes County and flows SW into Mulberry Creek.|
This content is from the North Carolina Gazetteer, edited by William S. Powell and Michael Hill. Copyright © 2010 by the University of North Carolina Press. Used by permission of the publisher. For personal use and not for further distribution. Please submit permission requests for other use directly to the publisher.
Have a comment about the North Carolina Gazetteer? Tell us! Send NCpedia staff a message.