|Laboratory||community in S central Lincoln County. Named for Confederate drug manufactory operated under the direction of Dr. A. S. Piggott. A part of the original laboratory still stands.|
|Lacey||community in E Rockingham County.|
|Lackey||community in E Alexander County.|
|Lackey Mountain||E Alexander County. Alt. 1,430.|
|Lacky Crossroads||community in central Cleveland County E of Lawndale.|
|Lacrosse||community in SE Guilford County served by post office, 1891-1904.|
|Lacys Creek||rises in NW Chatham County and flows NE into Rocky River.|
|Ladd Branch||rises in central Cherokee County and flows W into Parsons Branch.|
|Ladonia||community in NW Surry County on Fisher River.|
|Lagoon, The||S Buncombe County, is separated from the French Broad River by a narrow strip of land S of city of Asheville near the Biltmore Estate.|
This content is from the North Carolina Gazetteer, edited by William S. Powell and Michael Hill. Copyright © 2010 by the University of North Carolina Press. Used by permission of the publisher. For personal use and not for further distribution. Please submit permission requests for other use directly to the publisher.
Have a comment about the North Carolina Gazetteer? Tell us! Send NCpedia staff a message.