|Davis Creek||rises in N Cherokee County and flows SW and SE into Hanging Dog Creek.|
|Davis Creek||rises in SE Brunswick County and flows SW into tidal marshes that drain into the Atlantic Ocean through Lockwoods Folly Inlet.|
|Davis Ford||former ford over Rocky River, Anson-Stanly county line at the mouth of Richardson Creek. John Davis owned a plantation in the vicinity. Richard Lane Ordinary is located at approx. site on the Collet map, 1770.|
|Davis Gap||mountain gap in S central Swain County on the head of Davis Branch.|
|Davis Island||in Core Sound at the S end of Davis Shore, E Carteret County. Named for William Davis, who settled there in 1715.|
|Davis Landing||on Pungo River, E Beaufort County.|
|Davis Mill Pond||See Pages Lake.|
|Davis Mill Pond||on Trotters Creek, W Lenoir County. Formed about 1850. Covers 60 acres; max. depth 12 ft.|
|Davis Shore||E shore of a peninsula in E Carteret County extending into Core Sound.|
|Davis Slough||E Dare County in the waters of Pamlico Sound SW of Oregon Inlet.|
This content is from the North Carolina Gazetteer, edited by William S. Powell and Michael Hill. Copyright © 2010 by the University of North Carolina Press. Used by permission of the publisher. For personal use and not for further distribution. Please submit permission requests for other use directly to the publisher.
Have a comment about the North Carolina Gazetteer? Tell us! Send NCpedia staff a message.