Palmer Memorial Institute Grounds
Below is a pamorama photograph of the Palmer Memorial Institute (PMI) capturing (from left to right) the Domestic Science Cottage, Memorial Hall, Grew Hall, and Mechanica Hall. PMI opened in 1902 with one building, which was a converted blacksmith's shop. School grades included first to twelth, and the first graduating class consisted of three students. PMI expanded through the founder, Charlotte Hawkins Brown's teaching and fundraising efforts.
To learn more about Charlotte Hawkins Brown and the Palmer Memorial Institute visit:
Palmer Memorial Institute Grounds. Nd. Photograph. Charlotte Hawkins Brown Museum, and North Carolina Digital Collections. http://digital.ncdcr.gov/cdm/singleitem/collection/p16062coll13/id/87/rec/2 (Accessed January 4, 2018).
"All rights reserved" is a traditional copyright term that indicates that the copyright holder reserves for his/her/their own use all of the rights given to copyright owners under U.S. copyright law. Items that are included in NCpedia and/or ANCHOR with this rights statement appear by agreement or permission from the rights holder or the institution that holds the item. Click "Available at" to visit the website for the collection where the item appears for more information about the rights or specific uses allowed. For all other non-specified uses, please contact the copyright holder or item owner.