|East Franklin||community in central Macon County.|
|East Fruitland||See Pores Knob.|
|East Gastonia||unincorporated outskirts of city of Gastonia, central Gaston County.|
|East Howellsville Township||E Robeson County.|
|East Kings Mountain||former town in W Gaston County on the Cleveland County line. Inc. 1907. By popular vote, it was transferred to Cleveland County in 1915. Became a part of Kings Mountain, which see, in 1923.|
|East Lake||lake on the mainland of N Dare County, empties into the mouth of Alligator River.|
|East Lake||community on the mainland of NW Dare County on South Lake. Settled about 1790. Alt. 10.|
|East Lake Landing||NW Dare County on Alligator River. State-operated free ferry from the landing to Sandy Point in NE Tyrrell County was replaced by the Lindsay C. Warren Bridge, 2.83 mi. long and opened in May 1962; named for Lindsay C. Warren (1889-1976), former U.S. congressman and comptroller general.|
|East Lake Township||NW Dare County mainland.|
|East Laport||community in N Jackson County on Tuckasegee River. Developed at the site of an eighteenth-century French trading post that the French considered to be an east gate or door (la porte) to the Cherokee country. Alt. 2,186.|
This content is from the North Carolina Gazetteer, edited by William S. Powell and Michael Hill. Copyright © 2010 by the University of North Carolina Press. Used by permission of the publisher. For personal use and not for further distribution. Please submit permission requests for other use directly to the publisher.
Have a comment about the North Carolina Gazetteer? Tell us! Send NCpedia staff a message.