|Vests||community in W Cherokee County SW of Hiwassee Lake. Named for first postmaster, George Vest.|
|Veto||community in NW Wake County served by post office, 1893-1900.|
|Viands||community in central Wilkes County S of the junction of Middle and North Prongs Roaring River. The name means "food" or "provisions."|
|Vicksboro||community in E Vance and W Warren Counties. Known prior to 1885, and until after 1913, as Coleys Crossroads.|
|Victoria||former town in central Buncombe County. Inc. 1887; became a part of Asheville, 1905.|
|Vienna||town in W Forsyth County; inc. 1794, but not now active in municipal affairs.|
|Vienna Township||W Forsyth County.|
|Vilas||community in W central Watauga County on Linville Creek. Served by post office since 1885. Alt. 2,811.|
|Village Creek||rises in N Craven County and flows NE into Neuse River.|
|Villanow||See White Hill.|
This content is from the North Carolina Gazetteer, edited by William S. Powell and Michael Hill. Copyright © 2010 by the University of North Carolina Press. Used by permission of the publisher. For personal use and not for further distribution. Please submit permission requests for other use directly to the publisher.
Have a comment about the North Carolina Gazetteer? Tell us! Send NCpedia staff a message.