|Taylorsville||an African American community in S Moore County. Named for Robert L. Taylor, educator, who founded a school and a store there in 1908.|
|Taylorsville||town authorized in 1818 to be laid off on the lands of George Taylor on Black River in Sampson County. Probably never developed, and the exact site is unknown.|
|Taylorsville Township||central Alexander County.|
|Taywa Creek||rises in NE Swain County in Great Smoky Mountains National Park on Hughes Ridge and flows SW into Bradley Fork. Named for a Cherokee Indian chief.|
|Tea Swamp||rises in central Duplin County and flows NE into Grove Creek.|
|Teaberry Ridge||central Haywood County between Right Fork Cove Creek and Wright Branch.|
|Teaches Hole||a navigable channel running NE and SW from Ocracoke Inlet, SE Hyde County. Traditionally named for Edward Teach, or Blackbeard, the notorious pirate killed nearby in 1718. Appears as Thatches Hole on the Moseley map, 1733, and shown as being closed at the NE end.|
|Teachey||town in SE Duplin County. Inc. 1874; charter repealed 1897; reincorporated 1903. Alt. 71.|
|Teague Branch||rises in central Haywood County and flows NW into Pigeon River.|
|Teague Branch||rises in S Macon County on the N side of Turkey Knob and flows N into Tellico Creek.|
This content is from the North Carolina Gazetteer, edited by William S. Powell and Michael Hill. Copyright © 2010 by the University of North Carolina Press. Used by permission of the publisher. For personal use and not for further distribution. Please submit permission requests for other use directly to the publisher.
Have a comment about the North Carolina Gazetteer? Tell us! Send NCpedia staff a message.