|Taylors Creek||rises in SW Duplin County and flows SE into Duffs Creek.|
|Taylors Creek||rises in NW Franklin County and flows N into Tar River.|
|Taylors Creek||rises in E Gaston County and flows SE into Dutchmans Creek.|
|Taylors Creek||rises in S central Randolph County and flows W into Caraway Creek.|
|Taylors Ferry||operated across the Roanoke River between Bertie County and Martin County. Appears on the Collet map, 1770, and known to have been in operation as late as 1833.|
|Taylors Mill||See Tippetts Mill Pond.|
|Taylors Mill Pond||on the head of Corduroy Swamp in central Northampton County; approx. ¾ mi. long.|
|Taylors Pond||on the head of Reedy Branch in NW Duplin County.|
|Taylors Store||community in NW Nash County.|
|Taylorsville||town and county seat, central Alexander County. Settled 1847; inc. 1851. Probably named for Zachary Taylor (1784-1850), whose defeat of Santa Anna early in 1847 ended the war in N Mexico; Taylor was president of the United States, 1849-50. Alt. 1,247. Produces textiles, furniture, and paper boxes.|
This content is from the North Carolina Gazetteer, edited by William S. Powell and Michael Hill. Copyright © 2010 by the University of North Carolina Press. Used by permission of the publisher. For personal use and not for further distribution. Please submit permission requests for other use directly to the publisher.
Have a comment about the North Carolina Gazetteer? Tell us! Send NCpedia staff a message.