|Lambs Corner||community in W Camden County named for local family.|
|Lambsburg||community in N Surry County. Also known as Piper Gap.|
|Lamm's||community in N Wilson County S of Bloomery Swamp. Post office, 1895-1906. Named for Thomas Ruffin Lamm.|
|Lamm's Crossroads||community in W Wilson County S of Contentnea Creek. Named for Haywood Lamm.|
|Lamms Mill Pond||on Moccasin Creek on the Johnston-Nash county line. Approx. ½ mi. long. A mill operated there until about 1930.|
|Lamond's Old Field||See Candor.|
|Lamont||community in SE Guilford County served by post office, 1886-1907.|
|Lancaster||community in W Edgecombe County.|
|Lancaster Crossroads||community in W Nash County between Back Swamp and Peachtree Creek.|
|Lancaster Store||community in E Wayne County between The Slough and West Bear Creek.|
This content is from the North Carolina Gazetteer, edited by William S. Powell and Michael Hill. Copyright © 2010 by the University of North Carolina Press. Used by permission of the publisher. For personal use and not for further distribution. Please submit permission requests for other use directly to the publisher.
Have a comment about the North Carolina Gazetteer? Tell us! Send NCpedia staff a message.