|Hunting Island||in Bogue Sound, SW Carteret County.|
|Hunting Island Creek||rises in W Carteret County and flows S into Bogue Inlet.|
|Hunting Quarter Inlet||appears on the Moseley map, 1733, in Core Banks of Carteret County. It was opened and closed in the 1730s.|
|Hunting Quarter Sound||appears on the Moseley map, 1733, as the water now forming the N end of Core Sound in NE Carteret County. Four small islands extending SE from the present Hog Island separated the sound from Pamlico Sound. Three of the four islands were named Chainshot, Harbour, and Shell.|
|Hunting Quarters Township||former township in E Carteret County. Cedar Island Township was formed from a part of Hunting Quarters, and the remainder is now Atlantic Township. The area was formerly a summer camp of the Core Indians.|
|Hunting Run||rises in N Pitt County and flows SE into Grindle Creek.|
|Huntley||community in central Sampson County served by post office, 1875-1922.|
|Hunts||community in W Nash County served by post office, 1885-1903.|
|Hunts Branch||rises in central Transylvania County and flows SE into Tucker Creek.|
|Hunts Fork||rises in E Davidson County and flows SE into Rich Fork Creek.|
This content is from the North Carolina Gazetteer, edited by William S. Powell and Michael Hill. Copyright © 2010 by the University of North Carolina Press. Used by permission of the publisher. For personal use and not for further distribution. Please submit permission requests for other use directly to the publisher.
Have a comment about the North Carolina Gazetteer? Tell us! Send NCpedia staff a message.