|Gupton||community in Franklin County. Alt. 300. Settled about 1898. Named for J. E. Gupton, local landowner.|
|Gurley Store||community in W Wayne County between Little River and Nahunta Swamp.|
|Gurleys Store||community in E central Rutherford County between Heaveners and Robinson Creeks.|
|Gusher Knob||mountain in SW Avery County. Site of a plant for processing fine china clay.|
|Gut, The||central Craven County, a channel extending between Bachelor Creek and Neuse River forming the N boundary of Hog Island. Approx. 1 mi. long.|
|Gutches Creek||rises in N Mitchell County and flows S into Little Rock Creek.|
|Guthrie||community in E Forsyth County. In 1858 Jackson Guthries and two other men from Virginia settled there and began growing tobacco.|
|Guthrie Point||extends from the mainland of SW Carteret County into Bogue Sound.|
|Gutter Branch||rises in W Mecklenburg County and flows W into Long Creek.|
|Guy Knob||S Macon County between Mashburn Branch and Hayes Mill Creek.|
This content is from the North Carolina Gazetteer, edited by William S. Powell and Michael Hill. Copyright © 2010 by the University of North Carolina Press. Used by permission of the publisher. For personal use and not for further distribution. Please submit permission requests for other use directly to the publisher.
Have a comment about the North Carolina Gazetteer? Tell us! Send NCpedia staff a message.